Thursday, April 22, 2010

Campus Updates

So if you haven't figured it out by now I am in a sorority. About two weeks ago the chapter was asked to have two members participate in a housing meeting, this wasn't just any housing meeting, no this was a meeting that was going to discuss future plans for a Greek Village on campus. I was unable to attend because I had class at the time, but was very interested.

I havn't found out too much information but I do know that there is talk of tearing down the Lincoln Quads. Now what they will do with that space after they tear them down I am unsure. I have heard that the school may place the village in that area and build another building for independent housing elsewhere. If and when these plans will take effect I am not sure, but I do know that the campus does seem to care about updating it and making it more beneficial for the students. Not only for the independent students but for the Greeks as well. They seem to want to make the Greeks feel welcome on campus, by creating our own housing.


Now I am not saying that with this we are going to be secluded and come across as stuck ups and better then everyone else because we are given our own area. No, I don't want that at all, but if these plans were to pass, it would make joining a sorority or fraternity seem a little more exciting with a slight VIP feel. This would be a great idea to help promote Greek life on campus, which in turn could be another solution in removing the "suitcase campus" title from ISU. I know since I have joined, I have spent more weekends on campus then I used to. I also feel that this could be one way to raise enrollment on campus as well.

1 comment: