Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Dirty Haute


I am not going to lie. When I first starting telling people that I was going to school down here in Terre Haute, I wasn't all that proud. It wasn't so much the fact that it was Indiana State University, it was more because of the city itself.

My Junior and Senior year of high school I spent some time looking at where I was going to go to college. ISU was one of my top options because of it's Criminology and Criminal Justice program, but I wasn't so sure about moving to Terre Haute. Some of my friends at school called it the "Dirty Haute", warning me of the smell and the kind of people that live here. After living here for about three years, I haven't really got the "Dirty Haute" vibe.

Now I will say, I don't feel comfortable walking around Terre Haute by myself, but then again who is. I do get a whiff of a sewer smell every once in awhile, but it's bearable. I am very interested in learning more about the history of Terre Haute, and comparing and sharing what it has become today.

No comments:

Post a Comment