Monday, January 25, 2010

Indiana Weather



I apparently can't get used to Indiana weather. Even after living here for nine year, it still amazes me how it can go from 50 degrees one day to 32 degrees the next. When I woke up this morning I just expected it to be another fairly nice day, before I even stepped out of my room I heard one of my roommates say, "It's snowing?!?" I then immediately knew that my day was going to be a tough one. Now I do love waking up to a fresh, untouched blanket of snow on the ground, as long as I don't have to go outside.

Walking across campus to get to and from classes everyday isn't a big deal, but add snowy and windy weather and it becomes torture. Especially when campus wasn't quite prepared and didn't have salted sidewalks, or streets. Although I do appreciate it when they do salt and shovel the sidewalks would it kill them to shovel them completely? Some people don't understand that a sidewalk isn't just for them, nobody really likes walking in the snow.

In other words, if I could ask the school to do something to make this campus a better place to be, besides providing well kept classrooms with up to date technology for optimal learning, it would have to be clearing the sidewalks completely. So it makes walking to class a little easier, and less stressful in the winter time.

No comments:

Post a Comment